Friday, June 19, 2015

Big News

I have been slacking on keeping up with my blog. I'm sorry. I haven't posted pictures, updates on my brother or anything in well over a month.
I'm writing this post to share some awesome news...In one week, I will be saying goodbye to my place of employment to become a STAY AT HOME MOM!!!!!!
I can't even begin to express how excited, scared, nervous I am! As I mentioned in my post entitled "Patience" I have been dreaming of doing this for over 7 years. It still doesn't feel real. I am training people at work to take over my responsibilities, I am cleaning out my cubicle, I have already said goodbye to a few friends at work. But it still hasn't hit me.
   I am so excited because there are so many things I have wanted to do with my kids but I couldn't because I had to work. Play dates, library reading time, splash pads...the list goes on(I actually have a bucket list I'm going to work on)! It will be nice not to be working two full time jobs. I can now devote my time to the most important job: Being a wife and a mother. I look forward to having the whole week to clean and organize rather than trying to get it all done on the weekend.
I'm scared because I feel that I lack patience, I fly off the handle so quickly and I'm scared to see how grumpy I will get when I'm around my offspring 24/7! I'm scared because I'm not sure if I can do it. Work has been my "break" from my kids for so long. I won't have a "break" like that anymore...can I handle it?? I hope so!
I'm nervous because I'm not sure if my kids will like being home with me. They are used to going to Grandma's house every day of the week. Will they not want to hang out with me? I just watched a video of my friend's little boy crying because he didn't want to go home with his mom, he wanted to stay with Grandma...this would break my heart!
*Sigh* I'm sure everything will be great! I'm trying to come up with a routine that consists of small chores for the kids, some reading, some workbooks, and lots of playing. Please feel free to share suggestions!

Now for some Friday Favorites.
1. This picture! I waited so many years for that day! It was really late by the time we met up with our graduate, and the kids were just done. But I am so proud of my husband, he worked hard!
2. Friends. I'm really an introvert, I feel like sometimes I'm really good at making friends and other times I'm not. I'm lucky that I'm close with my sisters, so I have insta-friends. But I am also grateful for non-family friends.
3. Kahlan, her birthday is tomorrow. I love my little sassafras so much! She is (usually) so happy, and loves to talk and she loves her baby sister and is really just a kind little girl. I can't believe she's going to be 3!
4. Finding change on the floor. Even if it's a penny, they add up!
5. Being silly, yesterday I went with my sister and her husband on a ghost hunt, complete with an EMF detector, we didn't find anything but we told spooky stories and got a little exercise walking around a field we thought could be haunted.
6. My job, on July 16th it would have been my 8 year anniversary. This has been a great place to work, I've met some great people here and had some awesome memories!
7. My brother, Kevin, continues to heal and make huge strides in his recovery. He has so many people praying for him. I went to see him Monday with my sister and it was nice to see his sarcastic humor. He's been through a lot and I'm glad he can still (kind of) laugh!
8. Brian's new job. He works for GM and is in his 2nd week. He really enjoys it. I enjoy seeing how happy he is to be doing what he loves.
9. Downton Abbey marathons with Rachel. That show is sooo full of drama, but I love it!
10. I'm finally caught up on all the episodes of Doctor Who. It's nice to be fully caught up, but now I have to wait until September for the next episode!
11. Jones Soda. We bought a case from Costco a few weeks ago, I love the crushed melon! Mmmm!
12. Etsy, I've gotten some pretty awesome things off etsy lately including Brian's father's day gift, a few things for me, and a really fun sewing pattern.
13. Swimming lessons. I met up with an old friend from grade school last week who used to be a lifeguard. We got on the subject of swim lessons and she's now giving 3 of my kids plus some cousins free swim lessons. They are really enjoying it!
14. Meeting up with old friends. We had a 20 year 8th grade reunion last weekend. Not too many people showed up, but it was fun reconnecting with the few that did!
15. Free/Cheap things last week for Relief Society we brought things we wanted to donate and let others go through and take what they wanted, I got 4 shirts, a dress, and a skirt for me, a princess shower rug for the girls, plus a dress for Kahlan, and 2 pairs of shoes each for Quinn and Kahlan. Just the week before I went to Savers and found 2 dresses, a skirt and a pair of vintage-y earrings, all for less than $30! Woot!

Tell me some of your favorite things from this week!

1 comment:

  1. You will be an awesome full-time mom! You will love it and you will hate it and you will not always be perfect at it, but the beautiful thing is, you can always keep trying. And my kids cry all the time that they don't want to leave Grandma's. Don't take it too personally. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I <3 Comments!